Companies like Apple, Facebook or Google among many others collect user data and sell them to third parties. Enterprises like Pipl, Jigsaw, EntityCube or Yasni, specialized in finding digital information about human beings, are building strong businesses around personal data transfer. Such data collectors store individuals’ information, sell them to whoever is interested and paying. Sellers and buyers don´t give a damn about privacy. Nevertheless free floating information could not only damage a person´s reputation, but also threaten her real life.
Can individuals if at all avoid to be digitally tracked – how?
In case you don´t want to be bombarded with digital ads, if you want to guard yourself from tax or customs authority, if you need to hide from your jealous wife or if you have to protect your life from an ex-boss or an online-date, that shaped up as an offline killer….
a) use the following steps one after the other or b) go straight to step No. 13 or c) (even better, but much more stressful) go straight to step No. 1A:
1. Don´t use payback cards.
2. Don´t use credit cards.
3. Remove the batteries from your mobile devices.
4. Stay away from virtual communities like Facebook, LinkedIn, WOW and all the others.
5. Don´t expose yourself to people that carry a camera with them, they might use it and post your portrait on a virtual community.
6. Don´t talk or send mails to people that use the internet, they might post your spoken or written words.
7. Don´t use Google.
8. Don´t use the internet or other virtual spaces.
9. Don´t hang out at zones that are under video surveillance.
10. Don´t live at places, that are exposed to photographers on foot or on wheels, they might post pictures of your home on the internet.
11. Hide in the forest.
12. Don´t let onliners know, that you hide in the forest, they might find you and then take pictures of you and your den or tree house to post them on the internet.
13. Stay in the forest and if you should need living friends, befriend the animals, foxes, mice or crocodiles (creatures, that don´t post data of you and about you on the internet yet).
Spreading digital personal data is a huge and growing business. If it´s not your kind of business, read the above mentioned steps again.
If it´ s your business, get enough venture capital and take solution No. 1A:
1A. Start your own data sucking company such as Apple, Facebook or Google…